To become a great Elixirr Manager you will require the following:
- A confident and engaging personality
- Proven leadership qualities – to motivate, coach and develop team members while overseeing project delivery, delegating and coordinating tasks amongst the team to ensure the highest quality output within timeframes
- A passion for problem solving
- Responsible and accountable - unlike other firms, you will often be the Elixirr lead on an engagement, this means being responsible for delivering the work and accountable for resolving any risks and issues that arise
- Self-awareness - you need to embrace feedback and strive for continual improvement as well as supporting the development of others
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Facilitation skills – experience of structuring and running workshops
- Stakeholder management skills - both internal and client, with the ability to influence
- Senior client relationship management skills - delivering exceptional value to the client through outstanding delivery
- Big picture thinking
- Deep-end survival skills – you will have conquered a steep learning curve. As a Manager you have to be able to get up to speed very quickly, often without an SME, and to a level where you can lead discussion and conversations new to you as the expert in the room
- Intellectual curiosity to invest in broadening your own skill set and identifying commercial opportunities
Additionally you will need to be :
- Flexible - this applies across all Grades but as a Manager you are often the most senior full-time person on an engagement, and given we have small teams deployed on short engagements, you have to be prepared to accept that sometimes projects will mean you need to change your plans outside of work
- Adaptable - being able to flex your communication style depending on the team / project / client etc
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and complexity and still delivering - often our clients aren’t clear themselves on what they want help with, and given the short nature of our engagements there is a need to rapidly establish
- Experienced in one or more areas of strategy, transformational change, target operating models, operational excellence, outsourcing and business case development
We love what we do and we’re growing fast. So fast in fact, we’ve just been listed as one of the fastest-growing consulting firms in the US.* If you’re looking for an opportunity with a firm that’s going places, you’ve just found it.
We firmly believe that entrepreneurialism is a state of mind. This means we hire to an exceptionally high talent bar. Intellect isn’t a differentiator. Being a self-starter, willing to get stuck in, deliver the best possible work, is. We only hire people with bags of ambition, and the energy and passion that comes with wanting to build a business, not just work for one.
We’re building a business together – for ourselves, and for our clients. This is how we make the really difficult stuff happen. (Or #MSH).
Sound appealing? You’ll fit in well. Apply today. We’d love to meet you.
*Oh, and by the way, if you'd like the detail, we've been listed as the fastest-growing consulting firm in the UK and the third fastest-growing in Europe by the FT, and the 56th fastest-growing consulting firm by Consulting magazine. And we're pretty damn proud of that...